Have you tried to diet or exercise for more than three months without success?
We are here to help you create a long term game plan. At your first visit, your provider will do a risk assessment on your current state of health and will consider prescription appetite suppressants for the first phase of your weight loss regimen. If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 25 and 30, you will be provided information on calorie restriction and instructed to reduce your calorie count gradually over a 3 month period. The goal is gradual weight loss to prime your system for more rapid weight loss at the end of the 3 months. If you have a BMI>28 with multiple comorbidities ( PCOS/BED/dyslipidemia) you may be prescribed a weight loss medication. You can follow up monthly if your BMI is less than 30. If, however, your BMI is greater than 30, you will be placed immediately on a very low calorie, low carbohydrate diet and the appetite suppressants. If your BMI is over 40, you will be asked to follow up weekly until your BMI is less than 30. If your BMI is between 30 and 40, you can follow every two weeks.
While on appetite suppressants, you must see the doctor in person for every refill to monitor your blood pressure and heart rate. At the providers discretion, you will be placed on a very low carbohydrate diet to achieve more rapid weight loss. Aerobic and weight bearing exercise is strongly encouraged during your participation in our weight loss program. our EMR syncs with two accessories that you may purchase tom improve communication with your providers. The goal of the diet and exercise is to switch your metabolism to high energy fat burning. Low calorie, low carbohydrate diets require fiber, protein, and vitamin supplementation. Once you have reached your weight loss goal, you will be instructed on long term weight loss maintenance through calorie conservation and proper food choices.
The cost of the program is $60 for the initial consultation. All payments are to be made at the time these services are rendered. Your appetite suppressant medicine may NOT be covered under your insurance plan. You can choose not to start the program using the appetite suppressants, however, the visit fees will remain unchanged. Please remember medications and supplements are separate fees. Please be aware that the vitamins, protein and fiber supplements are also an additional cost to you. We also can refer you to a RD. A RD is a separate cost based on his/her fee structure. This referral will be an invaluable source of information for you. You will be encouraged to maintain an on-line food diary to count your daily caloric intake.
If you are a diabetic, please enroll in a local diabetic teaching program prior to signing up for this weight loss program. Be aware that your insulin or medicines may need to be adjusted during this program since your daily blood sugars should drop considerably. This program is not indicated for Type 1 (Juvenile) diabetics. Please inform your provider when you start this program.Call today 904.775.3210 for more information about losing weight to improve your long term health.
At Twelve Twenty Eight we follow Florida Medical Weight Loss Guidelines.
Please see 64B8-9.012.
1. “ ENROLL” on www.twelvetwentyeightwellness.com ( home page at top)
2. Enroll is the same as sign up. Sign up makes a portal for you on our electronic medical record system. Through this form we gather your information and you sign consents.
3. We collect your credit card to process. To schedule a $30 fee is applied if you no show. Any appointment time changes must be requested within 24 hours or a no show fee is applied.
4. You must sign consents and complete BED survey.
(BED=Binge Eating Disorder)
5. Please also email us your license picture with updated mailing address.
6. Weight loss evaluations include a BED survey in accordance to Florida legislature.
7. Again survey will be emailed upon enrollment.
8. If we feel you are a candidate we will proceed with scheduling you an evaluation
9. Upon scheduling a time will be given.
10. You will be sent an invite to our AtlasMD app
11. Upon evaluation a video conference will take place. You must have video capabilities.
12. Provider must evaluate patient on video with scale for weight and have blood pressure reading. A complete H and P performed.
13. You must email your blood pressure and diet log weekly.